Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy May Day!!! Woo Hoo~ Im super happy today cos I dont need to work at all! Finally a break. =)

Started the day with a good breakfast from Cafe Cartel, with Eya and Elinn. I've never like Cartel's food, but i must say their breakfast is actually not too bad. And I must say, I love breakfast! One reason being: I always miss having a good breakfast - to be seated down with my frens and slowly enjoying it. My typical morning is always me chewing some bread/cake in front of the PC/lappy checking mail. Sometimes, I stopped my breakfast halfway and forget about them totally when the phone rings. Another reason being: Im such an oink-oink, I always miss breakfast time cos I tend to sleep in alot. haha.

The plan for the afternoon was actually to catch 3 short films from the young cinema... but somehow, we didnt make it. Kinda disappointed but it's okay, we still went to the museum in the end, walked around and fool around a little! haha. Then we sat down on some bench in the museum, looking at this couple taking their wedding shots. We kept looking at the bride while the photographer was taking her pictures, then we smiled and waved at her. Haha.. In the end, she got a little embarrassed by us. Guess we were too friendly yea? haha... (hmm.. actually that was kinda naughty of us ...)

Anyways, for the very first time, our family gathered for a STEAMBOAT dinner! I wished the weather was cooler because it was like a sauna in that Chin Huat place. Oh and i saw Liting and Jasmine there! Small world yea. Anyways, back to the steamboat, the live prawns there are very good! Alive and jumping. There was this one that 'committed suicide" - it jumped out of the bowl onto the table and before i could catch it and place it back into the bowl, it jumped another time, and this time round, right into the steamboat. I was stunned by that sight. hahaha. Er, but kinda poor thing uh? Jumped into the wrong place.

After we have finished the food, my dad walked around the dessert area around to take a look. When he reached the marshmallow fondue section, he stopped suddenly and looked at the marshmallows. He then picked one stick of the pink marshmallow and instinctively dipped into the chocolate. He took a bite and a child-like grin appeared on his face. Haha.. I think i was the only one who saw. Never saw him so cute before. haha.. Then, he came back to the table and exclaimed very loudly ," ey, can dip the marshmallow into the chocolate. Very nice!" My mum then said, "now then you know?" hahaha.. He then asked my mum to take some more marshmallow for him, specifying that he wanted pink marshmallow cos they looked nicer. When my dad wasn't around, my mum started telling me," as your dad gets older ah... he likes pink la, purple la more. aiyo. everything also these colours." hahaha. Cute yea?


It feels so much like a Saturday... but it's not! Yea, Tmr is FRIDAY =)))
Love the weekend.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com