It's quite amazing that i do not feel tired given that i sleep really v little these few days. Perhaps i can stop being a pig already. haha.
Meet up with a few of the gers to buy the bbq food for tomorrow and I realise how bimbotic we/i could get at the supermarket. Just read on:
i. At the prawns station - Qinlei and I would be startled, occasionally gasping away whenever one or two of the prawns jumped among the big pile. Then we would stare at each other looking a little horrified for a split second before I turned back to catch the prawns by holding on to their feelers and dropping them into the plastic bag Qinlei was holding. Now recalling, I feel so bimbotic.
ii. I had to call Brenda Boo asking her for help on how to choose beef. If she didn't tell me the cubed ones are for soup, I would haven gotten those instead. haha
iii. At the veg station - Qinlei, Yenxin (or was it YiAn, pardon me i really have STM) and I were looking for Sweet Potatoes but we weren't sure of how sweet potatoes look like (seems like we haven bbq for a long long time). Yenxin was looking a this pile of "underground stems" that look like gigantic, distorted potatoes(in my own opinion) and I just said I dont remember eating such big sweet potatoes before. Then I pointed to the purple, Japanese sweet potato (we discovered that on the board later), half-certain that they are the sweet potatoes. Qinlei said those that I pointed to are Yam. Then I pointed to the pile further to the left and told Qinlei that those are the Yam. I got more confused by then and I realised there's another pile, furthest to the left that look like Yam but Qinlei said those are beetroots. Subsequently we figured out which are the Yam, Beetroots, Japanese Sweet Potatoes and Indonesian Sweet Potatoes. =S We need lessons to help differentiate the different types.
2 more days to Xmas!
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Posted by YellOw duCkling at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment